[atlarge-discuss] thanks and targets

I wish to thank all those who voted for me (I hope there would less of you as the load light be heavy).
I wish also to thank the Secretariat of the DNSO and the AFNIC which still provides it for free - unless things changed recently. Thank you also to Alexander for the work he does and to Thomas for the resources.

I wish to underline that I have professionally and due to network oriented projects I discussed quickly here an important work load. So I will concentrate on practical issues.

I have told and retold my reading of the nets history, but it is for me a rule that today roots in the past and that you cannot build on unreality.

The Internet is the arpa technical community which interconnected with the @large: the other US communities and networks and the foreign users communities. I accept that IETF core and the arpa ICANN management administer the "arpa" domain.

It is now to them to decide if they want to stay by their own or if they want to go global management.

The initial understanding was that they aggregate the ccTLDs and the @large. I feel they want more to liaise with the ccTLDs and hesitate about the @large. If this is the case, we will have to shape the gouvernance and the technical cooperation in our own way: this means that the @large organizations will have to join with ccTLDs and probably with Govs and consumer organizations to develop a global concerted gouvernance, of which the ICANN will be a welcome member.

I only wish that the period of incertitude is quickly over. So we may stop talking and start acting.
jfc