Re: [atlarge-discuss] web page, report of votes and misc issues

On 12:39 p.m. 6/08/2002 -0500, Stephen Waters said:

> Just post the information here:=20
> http://www.icannatlarge.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3D15
> One of the Forum's purposes is to bypass the webmaster's "control."

the thing is, Joop, the front page is the most important one on a
website. content of such importance as election results shouldn't be
relegated to a sub-level forum, IMO. I recognize you're trying to get
_out_ of the job so you don't have to concern yourself with such
matters, so let my critique stand as a general point about web
marketing.
From that point of view (web marketing) I concur completely. Hence the update today. :-)
Just that the Forum is a mid-way means of making information accessible to all members when the webmaster is not available.
It's all about avoiding the single point of failure.

Of course, information like the election results deserves much more: instant dissemination to the whole announce list of some 700 members.
(perhaps even to the whole 950 members' list)

--Joop