Re: [atlarge-discuss] Chair

On Tue, 6 Aug 2002 22:39:18 EDT, you wrote:

>...and just where is it written that the panel has to elect a chair?

In the electoral charter. It was sent to all members before the
elections.

>And, if
>so, why should the panel and not the membership be the group that does the
>electing?

I guess this will be a matter for discussion when writing the Bylaws.
In fact, I think that having direct elections for the Chair could make
sense, if it was not just a mere "coordinating" position, as it is
now.
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------