RE: [atlarge-discuss] Re: Judyth's comments on scale and legitimacy

Sorry for the volume of posts today.  I tried posting a pile of messages
last night, but they never went through!  I'm reposting them, plus more
written today!  This should get me up to date (now, the task is to stay
caught up!).

Jeff Williams wrote:

>There doesn't seem to be any reason for any new panel to "Get Going"
>for outreach to be done.  Each and every member should be doing
>something for outreach ALL the time.

As I think I mentioned before, journalists I've contacted are not willing to
publicize our cause until we are organized.  We don't even have a name yet!
Once we have a name, and official status on some country's records as a
non-profit organization, we'll be taken more seriuosly by the press.  And we
need the press's assistance if we're going to get the word out.

This doesn't mean each of us shouldn't be spamming our personal e-mail
lists, becauase we should!  But one two-minute spot on the BBC or ABC News
will probably garner more names faster than any other method I could
imagine!

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
Bruce@barelyadequate.info