FW: [atlarge-discuss] Revised ALAC report submission schedule 1.1

Lawrence,

>Perhaps you could outline for us the steps that would be required to
>replace, ICANN?  At first blush,

1. Get the Students of Lawrence B. Solum, involved in creating a
Constitution for a new iGovenment. Then I would not hold Moot Court this
fall semester, opting instead to hold an iConstitutional Competition.

>I do not see how this could be accomplished.  How,
>for example, would the IANA functions be transferred?

2. The functions and responsibility would be 'delegated' with an
oversight Committee (Art. I sec 8 ( McCulloch v. Maryland), and
incorporated into the iGovernment.

>What, if any, would the role of DOC and the ccTLD managers be in
>effectuating the transfer?

3. The real-world DOC would participate in a diminished role by terms of
a treaty with the IGov, but the functions of the iDoC and the U.N.
Counsel of ccTLDs would be assimilated and functions optimized.

Lawrence, a man of your stature knows better than to prod with these
questions. You have the knowledge and capacity to recognize that We have
arrived at a very unique place & time. You and Fellow members of the
Robe, are in a position to help. It would be a deep travesty should you
not contribute to our efforts.

James Khan