Re: [atlarge-discuss] RE: [atlarge-panel] 006 Deciding Name - Resolutionand Recommendation to Members

I suppose you could read it as ICANN must go, and there
are two real alternatives, but just to make sure there is
support for the change, the ICANN option is included
too?

	Paul

Jeff Williams wrote:
Michael and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

  Thank you Michael for following up on what I was trying to
get across to Joanna and other panel members as well as the
membership for about two weeks now.  I realize that Joanna
doesn't seem to wish to discuss this issue with me and it also
seems that she may be reluctant to do so now with the
members as well.

  Again many thanks for you follow-up here Michael!  Well done!  >:)

Michael Geist wrote:

Joanna,

We should absolutely ensure that there is membership support for the
organization's name.  If the membership wants something without
ICANN, I'll support that choice.

That said, your response leaves me genuinely puzzled.  On Sunday you
sent an email to the panel asking them to indicate their preference
for three names -- icannatlarge, internetatlarge, and worldatlarge.
The following day you now indicate that "ICANN must go" and that "We
have two options on the table here - WorldAtLarge and
InternetAtLarge."

What has changed in 24 hours such that one of the choices has been
removed?  We haven't heard from the entire panel, much less the
membership.  Was the inclusion of icannatlarge as a choice a good
faith choice?  When you say that "I would not be doing my job if I
were to allow one side to rule this organization at the expense of
the other", isn't that possibly exactly what you're doing when you
say that ICANN is off the table before everyone is heard from?

MG
[SNIP]

--
 Paul the argumentative     ( notmyopinion@btinternet.com )
  "Opinions expressed in this email are not necessarily incorrect."