[atlarge-discuss] ISOC would be governance status?

I am confused about the impact on Governance of the ISOC bid being favored.

1. ISOC is designing the Internet technology through IETF, IESG, IAB, W3C,
2. ISOC does not claim to 'represent' Internet users anymore, but more to 'support' them
3. ISOC financial stance will out stand all the other Internet participants
4. ISOC could not claim anymore to be part of the NCC as a gTLD constituency member

I wanted this situation to be avoided in making sure that ICANN could not benefit from the .org divestiture. I feel that what we could fear in the past from ICANN could be feared from ISOC. Are we not facing an anti-trust possibility?

Would Gov not now consider carefully the possibility of transferring ICANN's missions to a self funded, well established, technology competent ISOC. And even if this was not articulated quickly, nothing will prevent real life from being real life and powers granted this way to ISOC to be used and acknowledged by people, interests and media.

Am I right in saying that we did not investigated yet all the impact this may have on VRSN, Neulevel, Affilias, ccTLD, EU, China balances to start with? on the @large relations? on the global control and economy of the network? on innovation?.
jfc