Re: [atlarge-discuss] Supporting Organization

Jeff

I agree they say lots of thoughtful and thought-provoking things. I'm
certainly not trying to dismiss them. Far from it. I believe our
organisation should try to form a kind of COALITION with this group and many
others. The At Large movement is a multiplicity. You cannot really contain
it. I suppose I'm saying something similar to Danny's SO idea. I'd just
rather form the coalition clearly outside ICANN and make our assertions from
there. (I nearly called it "negotiate" - but I don't think you should
negotiate with people you cannot trust  - as eric often says the same thing
about people like Hitler - I think you demand from a position of strength.
What the At Large movement needs is to organise, form coalitions, and become
so strong that Denise's little effort becomes isolated and marginalised and
seen for what it is... not a noble movement of millions of people, but a
tawdry attempt to control from "top down" as a management trick to
perpetuate a clique in power.)

But you are right : these people at CECUA should be taken seriously. So
should we. I think it is still the truth that our organisation - the
evolution of the original "engaged" At Large - are the group most focussed
on the ICANN power struggle and the identity/interface of the At Large. When
ICANN effectively kicked us out as a viably represented constituency, we
went our side. We "ORGANISED" to use Denise's words. We "SELF-CREATED" to
use her words. And we continue to "self-create".

Obviously we must self-create in liaison with similar organisations : united
we stand, divided we fall.

Richard