RE: [atlarge-discuss] 003 WG-ID WG-ID membership criteria

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Young, Bruce (LMCO) wrote:

> Walter Schmidt wrote:
> >"I may agree 100 percent with what you say, but I will defend to the
> >death its exclusion if you will only say it anonymously."

> ...people living in parts of the world whose...participation may
> depend on their government not knowing who they are....assigning them
> a unique pseudonym ...gives them a distinct identity...

   ...as an alternate suggestion:

 "A tells B - B quotes A but does not give identity of A"

This way A's identity remains unknown to all but B. I can decide what
weight to assign to A's quote, partly on my assessment of B's own activity
and partly on B's (apparent) motives for "doing this" for A. AND (big
and), I remain knowing that our list/database does not include anonymous
entries.

 --- REgards, walts@dorsai.org Walter C. Schmidt, IT CPA  Blue(.) ---
 - -   Associate   |      Online since CompuServe's MicroNET      - -
 ---    Expert     |                                              ---
 - -  Expert Zone  |        http://www.dorsai.org/~walts/         ---
 - - 52 Ken http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/ Sun 57 - -