RE: [atlarge-discuss] 003 WG-ID membership criteria

> > Walter Schmidt wrote:
>  "A tells B - B quotes A but does not give identity of A"
>
> This way A's identity remains unknown to all but B. I can decide what
> weight to assign to A's quote, partly on my assessment of B's own activity
> and partly on B's (apparent) motives for "doing this" for A. AND (big
> and), I remain knowing that our list/database does not include anonymous
> entries.

At this moment in time, it's a question of B's credibility. One B has gained
credibility it can then afford to offer a safe haven to A, who may indeed
not have the luxury of freedom of speech commensurate with more fortunate
members, but until B reaches that point, I repeat, I think we have to stand
up and be counted, or we are incapable of protecting anybody. Think about
how impressed the USG would be if presented with a Petition signed by a
100,000 Mickey Mouses.

Regards,
Joanna