Re: [atlarge-discuss] Democratic process (was Re: [atlarge-discuss]encouragement)

----- Original Message -----
From: Joanna Lane <jo-uk@rcn.com>

> However, in this case, the Panel did not give the Watchdogs any
> formal response to approve or disapprove their recommended course of
action,
> which is why we now have some confusion as to what is happening.

There is NO confusion over what is happening.

The panel has not mandated any change to the timing of anything, and
therefore the timing remains the same. Any alterations to votes AFTER the
stipulated deadline are invalid.

There is no confusion over the vote and its democratic outcome, because the
vote has been called and as a democratic organisation we respect the result.

I personally hope it is NOT Icannatlarge.org/com because I do not want to be
tainted by the name of a corrupt organisation. Nevertheless, it is the will
of the majority which must and will prevail.

The suggestion of extending the deadline was roundly criticised both by
members and panelists, and was a non-starter (because you could not get a
panel majority to agree to the extension). The Watchdogs were not mandated
or empowered to change the timescale of the election and therefore their
suggestion was only that - a suggestion. A suggestion which was not
implemented.

I do not think "we now have some confusion as to what is happening".

Let's be absolutely transparent and clear about this. The ballot consists of
those votes which were correctly submitted within the agreed timeframe.

You couldn't have a situation in Florida where the Presidential election was
extended for a few days to enable people to think again and change their
minds (in order to manipulate a different outcome). No more can we have a
ballot and then ask people to think again and change their minds.

Its a preposterous manipulation of a voting procedure. Even raising a new
agenda (the "we'll be sued" agenda) in the middle of a vote is an unwelcome
interference with the process. So I hope and trust there is no confusion
whatsoever, and this has all been a storm in a teacup, and that the
Watchdogs can confirm transparently that the deadline was NOT extended and
no late votes or alterations were accepted.

Thank you.

Richard Henderson

There is no confusion as to what is happening, unless someone has corrupted
the process.