[atlarge-discuss] Problem Approaches...

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, Eric Dierker wrote in [ga] Comment from the gTLD
Registry Constituency:

> When people work on problems by starting out with premise;
>
> "This is how it is supposed to work, so here is the solution to the
> problem" rather than;
>
> "this is how it really works, so here is the solution to the problem"
>
> They create a bigger problem rather than a solution.  Mission Creep is
> a fact.  Any proposed solutions must accept that fact. (and no the
> solution is not to get rid of the fact, it is human nature)

    ...might I suggest an alternate approach:

These are the results we seek, how many can we realistically accomplish
(given our resources), and how do we go about accomplishing them...

 --- REgards, walts@dorsai.org Walter C. Schmidt, IT CPA  Blue(.) ---
 - -   Associate   |      Online since CompuServe's MicroNET      - -
 ---    Expert     |                                              ---
 - -  Expert Zone  |        http://www.dorsai.org/~walts/         ---
 - - 52 Ken http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/ Sun 57 - -