Re: [atlarge-discuss] RE: [atlarge-panel] WG-ID requested radiation for identity abuse

Bruce and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

Bruce Young wrote:

> For now, with no clear rules in place, I hesitate to support such an action
> at this time.  I do, however believe that we need to put rules in place,
> then enforce them.

  I agree with you here Bruce as my original response to this post
clearly indicates.  However we must be careful as to make these
rules legal and not to encourage censorship of any kind.  To do less
will have the effect of fragmenting our efforts in gaining new members,
as well as potentially put us in a legal situation that whomever espoused
overly restrictive rules, could be and would be held legally accountable for.

>  My first inclination would be to require "real names"
> only, no aliases.  This would work fine in the US and most of the west, but
> there are legitimate safety reasons why an individual in some countries
> might need to use an alias to talk freely.  But there needs to be a way to
> limited alias use to *those* instances.

  I would not even work well in the "West" what ever that means in some
instances...