Re: [atlarge-discuss] web site

At 07:37 p.m. 3/10/2002 +0100, Richard Henderson wrote:

All I'm asking is an immediate review of the status of icannatlarge.org
(currently locked and on hold) and a simple YES or NO vote ... not to
overturn democracy, but to clarify democracy... if people vote "YES" we
would prefer to have a name without ICANN in it, then THAT'S not
anti-democratic... that becomes the democratic will of the membership in an
evolving and fluid situation, with new details coming to light
It disturbs me deeply to see such a statement from an advocate of democracy that I thought sincere.

The members *have* spoken.

They were presented with an already limited choice. Now you don't like the result, you want, like Joanna attempted during the polls, to limit the choice even further?

DN misconfiguration (funny that, icannatlarge.org worked fine last March and even had a link, logging all traffic, to our icannatlarge.com website) is a most feeble excuse that can be rectified in 10 minutes.

Has it not occurred to you that it is ICANN staff that would be most pleased seeing us walk away from the icann string and make ourselves irrelevant to them? Saves them the effort.

--Joop