Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] MOTION PROPOSAL: was WG-WEB: responses to Jamie

Dear Jeff,
what you do not understand is that because icannatlarge.org has been put on hold it does not resolve anymore and the current confirguation which is inadequate but which worked cannot be mended.

The nameserver associated to icannatlarge.org are ns1.codelocal.com and ns1.pcode.com. These namesevers are NOT in operations for months now, but names still are under my control. So they have been allocated the same IP addresses as the name servers in use (which are authoritative). Until end of Septembre it worked. I still tried access when Joop complained it was resolving to the wiki (because Joop never supported icannatalrge.org as an alias to .com).

This was the only thing I could do as long as NSI does not want to respond to demands. As I explained many, many, many times icannatlarge.org has been put on a separate user account I have no access to (due to the additions of mistakes when NSI purchased my registrar) and NSI had never returned it yet to my own partner account. I own the name, but have no access to it to update it or even renew it.

Since no one wants to help with matter of fact assistance and everyone prefers barking at me, I drop the issue. I also see there is absolutely NO interest in the icannatlarge name per se, since I still have NO response from either present and could-be webmaster to tell me if they are ready to support or to allias icann-at-large.xxx and icann-atlarge.xxx names. And NO position whatsoever from ANY member of the panel nor of the Membership.

At this stage the only thing wich could be attempted is to rebuy/transfer the name. I tried yesterday but the system was down (I cannot know if it was the network problem or a default message due to the name being on hold). Why not you to try to buy it? I should then receive a request for approval.

The only good news in all that is that NSI did not give a damn to icannatlarge.org until it was to put to vote (against me and against my propsoitions) and we voted we should use it. Good smoke screening.

jfc