Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] MOTION PROPOSAL: was WG-WEB: responses to Jamie

Good morning all!

I request that the previous ballot on the selection of a name for our
organisation be declared "invalid" and that we ballot the members
specifically on whether they want "Icann" in our name - "YES" or "NO"

This democratic clarification is needed for the following reason:

The vote was meant to be held between names which we were able to control,
and names not under our control were excluded from the ballot.

Since the vote (which itself was unbalanced by new information and
statements during the course of the vote), it has become apparent that WE DO
NOT HAVE ACCESS OR CONTROL of the name icannatlarge.org

I have already reported that this name is "On Hold" and the situation has
deteriorated since 29th September when the registrant was "locked out" - he
is not locked out because of misconfigured nameservers. He would be locked
out whatever nameservers he wished to employ - because the name is "Locked"
and he cannot change the nameservers of use the name at all. I believe you
will find that NSI has reclaimed control of this name, until such time as it
is 'dropped' and snapped up by someone else.

Even Jefsey, the owner, states as follows:

> because icannatlarge.org has been put on
> hold it does not resolve anymore and the current confirguation which is
> inadequate but which worked cannot be mended.

Clear statement by the owner of the name: it "has been put ON HOLD"

Clear statement by the owner of the name: the configuration "CANNOT BE
MENDED"

Jefsey also states:

> I own the name, but have no access to it to
> update it or even renew it.

Please understand, this domain is inaccessible, cannot be used, cannot even
be renewed - because NSI has taken it belong access, and beyond renewal, and
reclaimed control of it

WE CANNOT USE THIS NAME

Somebody said: this could be solved in 10 hours.
Show me! Even Jefsey, the owner, will tell you this is impossible.
This name is inaccessible and beyond our control.
Therefore we have an unusable name.

Therefore I request that the previous ballot on the selection of a name for
our organisation be declared "invalid" and that we ballot the members
specifically on whether they want "Icann" in our name - "YES" or "NO"

The ballot was "invalid" because the name icannatlarge.org was not. after
all, available for our use.

Furthermore, the election process was marred, and the process itself failed
to clarify that a majority of our membership wanted "Icann" in our name.

I now request a clarification of this issue, which is important for the
determination of the future direction for this organisation.

As Judyth Mermelstein has stated, many people want no narrow identification
with ICANN and its agenda, and I believe we have to clarify this issue.

Richard Henderson

Postscript: If anyone opposes my contentions, I request that effect ONE
thing: put up a webpage at www.icannatlarge.org ... just ONE page... within
24 hours... within 3 days ... within 7 days ... within 14 days...

You simply won't be able to!

And with that I rest my case, formally seeking a resolution and selection of
a name that we can actually control and use.

(Please also read footnote to this mail, scroll down...)