Re: [atlarge-discuss] web site - and Legal liability of the members...

Dave and all stakeholders of other interested parties and members,

DPF wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 01:08:25 -0400, Sotiris Sotiropoulos
> <sotiris@hermesnetwork.com> wrote:
>
> >Let me be perfectly clear:
> >
> >1) The job of webmaster does not IMO require a team as Jefsey proposes.
>
> I agree.  It is a job or an unpaid employee.  You need someone who
> will use initiative in making routine changes to the site (notices,
> results, links etc) but who will have good judgement about what they
> should refer to the panel or Chair if it is a more substantial change.

  To a point I agree with both Dave and Sotiris here.  Most updates
to the web page for this organization will not impact or have liability
upon the members. Dave, I believe you rightly mentioned this
yesterday in your offer to aid in incorporating this organisation
in New Zeland, See: http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0210/msg00376.html
Some updates however will impact the members with respect
to liability.  Hence those sorts of updates to the web page, including
some links to other sites should have the approval of the entire
membership, unless the yet to be elected Organization
Chair/president, and BoD wishes to accept that liability for
the members.

  Currently though, for the present Panel and it's new Chair, Hans,
these decisions are outside of their mandate.  As such Joops concern
as to capture, are real and the members need or should be aware
of that as to their individual legal liability in the near term.