RE: [atlarge-discuss] Shanghai

Jeff Williams wrote:

|    I don't know and I doubt that you bruce know that all of the
|  ICANNATLARGE.ORG members don't wish to interface
|  with ICANN.  SOme of the Panel members already do,
|  as do I in the DNSO GA, amongst others.  Hence as  panel
|  members I am a bit confused as to your comment on this
|  regard.  Could you possibly clarify as to your meaning?

My meaning is that we should have a much broader mandate than just ICANN,
and that ICANN meetings attract people from all concerns surrounding ICANN's
activities, particularly representatives of other NGOs, government reps,
industry insiders, etc.  This is an opportunity to get our face out in
public and interface with these people.  Just as we are building concensus
from within our membership, ICANNATLARGE can begin building concensus with
other individuals and groups, which can be used to influence public opinion
and hopefully force change on ICANN from without.

But that doesn't happen if we sit on the sidelines like petulant children
bemoaning how bad we've been treated, and refuse to interface with them!
Rather, we need to get our face out there and get in the game.  Every time
ICANN knocks us down we need to get up and take them on again!  To prove we
are truely commited to this goal we need to show that we can keep getting up
again, and again, and again until they have no strength left to beat us
down!

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon USA
byoung651@attbi.com