Re: [atlarge-discuss] Shanghai

Bruce and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

Bruce Young wrote:

> Norbert Klein wrote:
>
> |  Shanghai is the first occasion for the ICANN board and its
> |  constituencies to
> |  face this challenge.
>
> I agree.  We need to challenge ICANN to live up to the openness the DoC
> mandated. This is a good, public way to do that.

  Yes it is so was the Resolution that the NCDNHC passed in this regard
earlier today which I posted to this forum.  See archives.

> Besides which, even if we didn't want to interface with ICANN per se, people
> we *want* to interface with -- Internet profesionals, NGO members, etc. --
> are drawn to these events, and this is an opportunity to talk with them.

  I don't know and I doubt that you bruce know that all of the
ICANNATLARGE.ORG members don't wish to interface
with ICANN.  SOme of the Panel members already do,
as do I in the DNSO GA, amongst others.  Hence as  panel
members I am a bit confused as to your comment on this
regard.  Could you possibly clarify as to your meaning?

> But most importantly, by *sponsoring* the meeting, we are staking our
> rightful claim as the voice of the At Large movement.

  How are we sponsering what meeting?  Link's please!