[atlarge-discuss] Re: ICANN patrimony - the mighty five:

Stunningly honest and decent.

Thank you for your comments, and I'd just like to reaffirm my deep respect
for the ordinary people of America, who in many ways illustrate superbly the
values of kindness, hospitality and the desire to good (at least, that's
been my experience of Americans I've known and befriended, among whom I
count some of my closest friends).

I just hope the real people of America get told the message about how ICANN
has been used, and about the millions of users all round the world who want
to share with Americans in the administration and development of a great
ideal.

Once again, Ray, thanks for integrity. I guess, though, that the
responsibility for the "message" rests not just with Americans but with all
of us. We in Britain value the US as our close friends and cultural family,
and we will develop as an At Large in the UK to get this message across -
reasonably, persuasively, insistently - with a quiet determination.

As Jefsey often says, we should all be proud of our nations, and together we
can work to construct an Internet World System guarded and protected by the
At Large World community. Here in Britain, I extend the hand of friendship
to America. I am extremely proud of being British, but I believe in a world
where we can all stand tall.

In the dark days of the 1940s Americans (along with Canadians, Australians
and other nations) came to the aid of freedom. We ourselves, in Britain,
were already DEFIANT!!!

To call on the words of Churchill, and apply them to the minions at Icann -
"We shall fight them in the fields, we shall fight them on the beaches, we
shall NEVER surrender."

Now, let's keep up the fight.

We, from all nations, are the people of the world!

Richard H