RE: [atlarge-discuss] Hack Report

<scrapped cc-list>

Before answering this let me explain something on the principle of
mail-lists:
<soapbox>
All those who are subscribed get the content of the e-mail you sent to
it.
They will get it in a fashion they have chosen for whatever reason they
choose that fashion.
Sending the e-mail to the list and to whoever happens to be in the
header causes about 3 times as much traffic as the original maillist and
absolutely unneccessary.
If the e-mail is sent to the list, a reply will suffice to send and
answer to that list, and lo and behold, we all get it.
</soapbox>

Now on the content:

This is balony(full stop).

If there are back-ups, then thank those who made them, but forget about
bringing the "original" ones back online, I personnaly object strongly
to this, there is enough compromised **** out there without us adding to
it.

Take the site down, change NS as long as needed, put up a "sorry we are
temporarily out of order" sign and move on.

Perhaps we can not get this organization to work the way it would be
great, but let us please not try and stop thinking about what happened
here, nor blame the webmaser, please blame the host, but NOT the
webmaster.

We can learn from this: to move on forward without worrying to much
about our next mistake, which we will make, without blaming for the
errors of the past, but to pursue success while taking lessons of what
went wrong where and how and move forward.

There is more then enough real knowledge on this list to make sure we
can do better, to make sure new mistakes are made, let's try them, not
the same old ones over and over.

Will those who think they hold knowledge please post their ideas, so we
can all convene and get it done ?

Kind regards

Abel