RE: [atlarge-discuss] Hack Report

At 10:22 p.m. 3/11/2002 +0000, Abel Wisman wrote:

If there are back-ups, then thank those who made them, but forget about
bringing the "original" ones back online, I personnaly object strongly
to this, there is enough compromised **** out there without us adding to
it.
I see. Do I understand you correctly that you approve of the Forum vanishing act because there were things in there that you didn't like?
There were also things in there that I didn't like, but I have never censored *one* word there, let alone the whole Forum.
Having done a huge amount of labour on the Forum I am quite furious that this facility is now denied to us just because of one hack.
I want to know what the hack consisted of (what was the "content" of the defacement) and I want to know when we get our Forum back.

Now the whole 1032 strong membership is left with one discussion list, controlled by Thomas Roessler, who refuses to tell us even who are subscribed to this list.

It is a single point of failure.
What if this goes conveniently offline too?

--Joop