FW: [atlarge-discuss] About irc

Realized more people might want this:

-----Original Message-----
From: Abel Wisman [mailto:abel@able-towers.com]
Sent: 03 November 2002 23:22
To: 'micheal@beethoven.com'
Subject: RE: [atlarge-discuss] About irc

Accessing irc:

Using a irc client, found as freeware for windows on (amongst others)
tucows.com
There are mIrc fIrc kIrc and a number more, mIrc is proibably the
easiest and most used. For linux: most flavours have their own irc
clients, nice ones are BitchX and sIrc but there are more nice ones.

Once such a client is pbtained and installed (few seconds) then on
chooses to edit a server; Set the name of the network to something that
will suit you,
Network name (for resolve) ircjunkie.net (212.46.64.22)
Set some other parameters such as +I but this will become clear while
using, and simply connect, no passwd required. Next a channel list pops
up, type in icannatlarge and one enters the channel.

Pls use netiquette, it is appreciated, do not expect to find ppl there
all the time, we are mostly in different timezones. If requiring
attention one can "priv message" another person on channel depending on
the client you use.

Have fun

Abel