Re: [atlarge-discuss] Killing ICANNAtLarge by division

On 19:48 28/11/02, Sotiris Sotiropoulos said:
Alexander Svensson wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> the latest developments are truly sad for this organization.

What is truly sad is that this organization was already killed by its own
panel members...  that is, until they decide its time to resurrect it for
the purposes of the ICANN.  The gambit for this current panel is over.
Time for them to be replaced en masse.
Dear Sotiris,
I think you are right. But may I underline that this is mostly because we followed lines you supported, so the real issue is not to do it and the same again, or better to correct it right now.

This @large issue is mared by the word "democratic" that some tranform into "vote", then into "elected", then into "nothing can be done wihout a voted motion by the elected people, by a vote of some".

You oppose the result and I agree. But you opposed the alternative I proposed.
The alternative is real life. We are people, we are no organization.
I fully support Joop and his followers doing something even I am not found of forums.
And you and your friends doing something else. Even contradicting. That is life.

We are no USSR with a unique party.

The failure of the Panel is to act as it was the Polit Buro.
The Panel is to be a catalyst. Not a serial killer.

Now, we have to be realistic. You oppose, I oppose, many oppose. But apart from Joop, who did really something? I created a few lists and I try to maintain a small site. We waste a lot of time disputing on inept issues. You proposed many times a site ... but where is it? You found only time and gusto to produce a page attacking Sati. Your proposition is right, but it is not really a substantive effort, and you are among the most active ones.

Question is: is there a real desire to to something?

> In other words, the original website has been hijacked by a
> "proactive webmaster" while the current panel members still
> haven't decided to stop the flood of meaningless INEGroup
> nonsense on the list.

The current Panel is a joke.  They have already killed the initiative of
this organization.
I do not think it is spefically a joke. But I certainly agree thatn if we consider such suggestions as

I believe it is high time for a coup.
being serious, the whole thing is a Joke.

> I ask Joop to remove me from the membership list of the
> hijacked site, and I ask the panel members to either turn this
> list into a rules-based list or to start another list with
> daily posting limits and restrictions for off-topic postings.

That would be an illegitimate hijacking in itself, Alexander, a move
without sanction from the general membership...
You are right. Joop restored a tool he created and some use. Great.
As soon as any one starts building he is opposed and criticized.
Let support him, let supportthem all.
If it is good why to oppose, if it is not it will not work so....

I strongly suggest that you start your own page on the ALAC so I may link it.

What we need is an "@large campus" ...
When I can find the time I will register atlarge/ws to support it.
jfc