Re: [atlarge-discuss] "IPv6 & ICANN is..."

jkhan schrieb:

> Stephen,
>
> My main concern is the 'expense' to the 3rd World at-large, as it
> relates to the: Entry into IPv6 based systems ( entering a IPv6 Portal),
> the expense of IPv6 Host equipment, and Cost to the Lower World society
> as it relates to the "Loss" of invention, discovery, and quality of life
> due to the barriers that make Knowledge inaccessible for them.

So it should be forbidden to use new technology as long as not everybody
on the planet has free access to it?

[snip]
> We should be focusing on the concerns
> of, people who are (or should be) trying to find something to eat,
> before we glitz them with internet services, the 'Knowledge' they seek
> to make gains in the World must be free (minimum) in order for a
> progressive humanity to exist.

"must be free"?
Without free access to the internet there canīt be a "progressive
humanity"?
Well then, there never was a "progressive humanity", whatever that
means, because internet was never free.

[snip]
> Again, the initial intent of the internet was that of the 'Library of
> Human Knowledge', a way for under privilege persons to access knowledge
> and improve their respective position in Life.

Ever heard of ARPAnet?
You are simply wrong.

[snip]
> Back to market forces: ??? How many Arial Antennas do you see in your
> neighborhood ???

On practically every house.

> The market in the First world has definitely moved to
> the TVv6 format, However the Third World is very much tuned in buy Arial
> transmission TVv4. Why is this? It is a matter of affordability, not
> market forces, that allow the First World to afford the cost and the
> Third world find it un-affordable. In other words, People who would
> benefit the most from the: Learning, History, and Discovery Channels,
> can not, because they cannot afford it, and the Knowledge escapes them.
> (Burn the Books)

If you start to give away every book for free how many books would get
printed?
Communism doesnt work.

mfg
H. Steiner