Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [wg-web] Re: passwords to access the preview icannatlarge.org site

Thank you for a strong effort.  In my comments below, interspersed with your
text, I haven't attempted to go to the level of editing detail that Judyth
did.  Instead, I have tried in a broader sense to relate what you have
written to the reason why, in the first place, I got interested in Internet
governance in general and ICANN in particular.

NameCritic wrote:

> IcannAtLarge.org is global internet community that you are urged to join for
> free, whose members are concerned about issues such as;

The following paragraph in particular is the most problematical to me.  Had
"WHOIS information" been the way I had first encountered Internet governance
issues, I would have passed right over it and moved on to other things.  And
"WHOIS" is still only peripherally interesting to me (not having a domain
name).  This paragraph should be moved below the next four.

> Your Rights regarding the way WHOIS Information is displayed to the public
> and how your privacy is protected from governments, spammers, and others who
> would sell your information for profit or otherwise use the information in a
> harmful way.

The following two paragraphs should be combined into one.  The privacy,
security, and freedom part should lead off.

> Your Rights involving Domain Names and Domain Name Registrys and Registrars
> such as the introduction of new TLDs and how they are determined and
> distributed, the policies about the Transfer of Domain Names, how Domain
> Name Registration is handled, how Domain Name Disputes are decided, as well
> as Trademark and other Intellectual Property Issues surrounding the use of
> domain names.
>
> Your Rights to Internet Privacy, Security, and Freedom. Your right to use
> the Internet in whatever country you may be in, regardless of your race or
> creed, without government censorship, control, or invasive monitoring, as
> well as without the control and restrictions multi-national corporations and
> ICANN wish to place on those rights.
I like the following two paragraphs so much that I think they should
directly follow your introduction.  They could also be combined into a
single and stronger paragagraph.

> Your Right to have a voice and a vote involving the way policies, rules, and
> laws are being made that affect you and your ability to use of the Internet
> freely and without interference or restriction.
>
> Your Right to have a voice involving the use of DNS, the way DNS is Governed
> and Administered, as well as many other Technical Issues surrounding the
> rights of users worldwide.
The rest OK by me.