Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: the preview icannatlarge.org site...

On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 15:06, J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:

> Europe and mostly France) masterized a long ago through Minitel

Interesting about Minitel... I guess my concern about rolling out a
Minitel-style system is it would end up being "American-tel", where
America "tells" you--and me--what to do. For example, I doubt Minitel
Rose would've been allowed here in the States, with central government
control (c.f., .SEX gTLD).

I haven't found anything that explains how Minitel is secure, though. I
can't imagine those little TTYs doing real-time encryption back in the
80s!

Is Minitel "space" expensive? I mean like the Minitel equivalent of web
hosting. One thing I like about the Internet is I can throw up a server
on my dial-up connection and pretty much anyone anywhere can get to it.

-s