Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: the preview icannatlarge.org site...

> compatibilty is complex as technically and societally they do not really
> fit. There are several Minitel access through the Internet and mail access
> through Minitel.

Conceptually, do you have any problem with the Internet being a sort of
"glue" network between Minitel and other systems? We both know Internet
is pretty basic -- but that's one of its features. To borrow from
programming, the Internet API is simple and allows complex applications
(Minitel, AOL, etc.) to be built on top of it or to be compatible with
it.

Would this sort of thinking worry you?

> >for example, see the Debian developers' map:
> >http://www.debian.org/devel/developers.loc
>
> Always wanted to find a way to stabilize my project under debian. but too
> complex for my low IQ. I try to see if FreeBSD is better. What do you develop?

Proprietary Perl code for my company, for the most part. I've
individually contributed some patches to Crypt::CBC and File::NFSLock,
but we're (Amicus) planning on releasing a few of our generic modules on
CPAN (fingers crossed).

I'm not a Debian developer, but I'm an avid user and supporter. Once you
get it installed and find the right developer documentation, it's
supposed to be pretty easy to turn your .tar.gz into a .deb ready for
distribution. To get it into the Debian project itself, though, you or
someone you know needs to become a developer... which supposedly takes a
long time.

-s