Re: [atlarge-discuss] Our Task List and Status...

Dear Eric,
anyone can write by-laws, incorporate a non profit, etc. in a couple of hours if the local laws permits it, like in France. And then?

1. I know it is common practice in some cultures to do something before knowing what we want to do, thinking that this will come afterward, as a momentum. This is why we have so many one person organization among @large.

2. there is a complete misunderstanding among us about what we expect from the "nets". Are the nets to be a transparent low grade transport network where everyone is by his own, and M$, Verisign etc on top. Is it to be a value added system where operators are accountable for the quality of the services and of the protection we get against M$, Verisign, USG etc. or is it to be an extended services system where we can develop our own communities, businesses, innovations in a reliable and secure environment ?

This vision has a broad impact on the way we see ourselves, we want to develop, etc.

3. we are in an historical change. The proposition that many make of some kind of offtheshelves "articles", "by-laws", "delaware", "tax...", etc. are to me like if the Insurgents had decided to elect George Washington King of America and maried him to the daughter of King of France. Just because it was the way things were done in that days.

jfc