Re: [atlarge-discuss] Some Simple Facts...

On Mon, 6 Jan 2003 19:21:25 -0000, "Richard Henderson"
<richardhenderson@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>>>This is another reason why we need nz@large. Because the NZ House know the
>NZ incorporated
>>>consumer organization, it does not know ectoplasm such as
>"icannatalarge.org" and would not be excited at an US, French, >>Canadian,
>VI or else non profit organization wanting to relate with them.
>>>
>>>jfc
>
>This final point is particularly relevant - I think the strong argument for
>national/local AtLarge organisations is the added legitimacy they can derive
>from seeking to speak authoritatively on the local/national interests,
>liaise with ccTLD operatives

But in many countries registrants already have great representation
with the ccTLD so don't need some subset of a global group.  In Canada
all registrants are eligible to elect some of their CIRA Board.  In
New Zealand the InternetNZ Council is dominated by registrants with
only one of 18 members being an industry rep.

DPF
--
E-mail: david@farrar.com
ICQ:    29964527