[atlarge-discuss] Demand for Affirmative Action

TO ALL IcannatLarge.org Panel Members:

I agree with Jefsey,
>Now, the response is to build the responses in a way which makes sense.

This, we see it progressing, though the booth proposition, though
atlarge/ws, through the WGs.

In other words he is saying: You and your Vote, Me and my Vote, side by
side, collectively, Individually and Collectively. We can build a common
house.

The Panel *maybe* addressing the rights of a limited constituency, but
the Panel has failed to address take affirmative action regarding my
rights and that of a wider scope of the constituency, through its
failure to act. Further the denial of the Panel to allow Myself and
Other's 'right of the people peaceably to assemble' is a volition of my
Constitutional Rights provided me by the US CONSTITUTION (See: US Const.
Bill of Rights, Amendment I).

Therefore, I endorse the Poll Booth's position as protected both right
of expression and right of assembly. I recommend Judyth Mermelstein's
first round of propositions be expressed via the Poll Booth. And demand
immediate action as an exercise of my rights.

Re:

"... this ballot should include a clear choice among the various mission
statements proposed to date and another set of choices such as:

This organization should be an umbrella-group for
national and regional "At Large" constituencies
representing Internet users to ICANN and other
bodies but operating independently of such bodies. __ Yes  __ No

This organization should organize the Regional At
Large Organizations (RALOs) called for under ICANN's
new structure so as to work within the system      __ Yes  __ No

This organization should incorporate in the
United States as a 501C3 not-for-profit
organization so as to offer tax deductions to
potential U.S. donors.                             __ Yes  __ No

This organization should incorporate itself
as an international organization to represent
the interests of all Internet users, notwithstanding
possible ineligibility for tax-deductible charity
status of its mission.                             __ Yes  __ No

This organization should conduct a yearly election
for Board members who will then decide what the
organization will be and do without further input
from the membership.                               __ Yes  __ No

This organization should exist to carry out the
policy decisions made by its membership through
periodic electronic ballots; its Board should be
responsible for organizing such ballots as needed
and carrying out the policies so determined.       __ Yes  __ No

Representatives of this organization will be
appointed on an ad hoc basis by its Board.         __ Yes  __ No

Representatives of this organization will be
elected by a vote of the membership to serve a
set term or fulfill a specific mandate.             __ Yes  __ No

Since it appears that opportunities for members to have any input in
what is or isn't done will be few under the current system, I think we
need to learn as much as possible about what the members actually do
want by means of what may well be the only ballot permitted before
election time rolls around again. In the absence of such a ballot, I see
no future for this group at all.

..."

Demand sayeth no more.

James Khan