[atlarge-discuss] Dear Walter

Dear Walter,

Take the second step.

>Judyth Mermelstein's query's raises the question by Polling: 'Does
Collective Bargaining Make Sense?', and, 'In what way Does Collective
Bargaining Make Sense to You?'

The importance of this debate is obvious, to discern the manner of which
we are to proceed/create a voice under the Icannatlarge flag.

If we are to align under the Icann proviso;
Regional-At-Large-Organization (RALO) then what provides us with the
means to Collectively Bargain with Icann? Particularly in the instance
when 1 or more of the 5 Regional areas choose to be in opposition to the
remaining Regional areas, splintering the RALO.

What is Icann's plan to deal with the Regions? One-on-One, Icann-to-RALO
Block.
How will the RALO represent/bargain the regional interest? Five separate
boards?, One Board - 5 Representative Board Members, One Board to
represent a majority of the RALO interest.

The RALO concept does not work for me, because it has not clearly
demonstrated how: Regional and Micro Regional disputes will be mediated.

The Umbrella (Jefsey's system)approch makes it clear how Collective
Bargaining will be provided by a
co-op/syndicate/fraternity/collective/union of User-Groups.

Icann has only said it supports a RALO system, it has not said how the
system would operate. I am in the mind that Icann said so just to please
the DoC.

So it comes down to this: 'In what way does Collective Bargaining Make
Sense to You?'

If you feel that a RALO will better help you bargain with Icann, and
that "Bargain" will address your opinions most often, then RALO.

If you feel that the Umbrella approach will better help you bargain with
Icann, and that "Bargain" will address your opinions most often, then
Umbrella.

For me, the ecology, consumer demands, and customer service dictate what
direction suite me, Bottom-up.

James Khan