Re: [atlarge-discuss] Reimbursement of ALAC Expenses

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 22:45:12 -0800, you wrote:

>ICANN!  Paying for At Large stuff?!  Who'da thunk it! :)
>
>Of course, it is for their bogus At Large group, so I guess that doesn't
>actually count.  It is entertaining though!

At least we succeeded in getting ICANN to allocate some money for At
Large related issues, more than two years after the ALSC. I don't like
to look like the one who's traveling to Rio at the expense of the
community (and by the way, I paid my previous trips to Bucharest and
Amsterdam on my own money), but I think that, given the present way of
working of ICANN, At Large people can't miss the meetings or we won't
have practical influence, even if limited, over anything.

We have just released the announcement of our NomCom appointments (see
other post) and we will shortly release some policy statements, which
was very hard to do, given that we exist since less than a month ago.
So we'd like to get feedback on them too.
--
vb.                  [Vittorio Bertola - vb [at] bertola.eu.org]<---