[atlarge-discuss] At-Large Election Standards

To all Members At-large and all others.

I for one, would like to see a new election take place, *However* having participated in last summers election (last winter for those down-under), I feel this is the time & place to discuss additional items that were absent in the past run.

1. The rules / guidelines regarding Candidates statements were supposed to be limited to xxxx amount of words, the vast majority of Candidates violated this limit. There was no enforcement, the election lacked a due process of law, and in a word it was 'loose'.

2. Making a "Statement", many of the Candidates posted wonderful CVs, but far fewer had a Statement that put forth any substance. As a result of this the Candidates what where elected to the original panel fell short of the ideological ambitions of what ICANN-AT-LARGE is.

3. For those participants who run/ran as Candidates, there was no OATH of Diligence to the ICANN-AT-LARGE members, as a result of this, many of the panel members whom where elected participated with 'Special-Interest and Non-Disclosed Group(s). Which has led us to the point we are today.

4. Campaign Protocol, should Candidates be allowed to campaign within the 'Polling Booth', that is, should Campaigning be allowed during the period in which the Election ballot is cast? (During the 7 day period the Ballots are At-Large)

5. Parties and Tickets, can Candidates be allowed to run under "Parties"?

6. Can Candidates be allowed to Campaign / Run on the same Ticket, ( Two or more People who Campaign as a team, i.e.: President and Vice President) a two for one vote.

7. Etc. Etc. ... There's more, I just can't think of it right now, I am sure Danny and Jeff can carry on from here, point is, those of you who have participated in the last election, and found short comings and flaws, now is the time to discuss them.

The AT-LARGE holds a great promise, we should do our best to see that Elections, Candidates, and Campaign Forums are as: informative, transparent, and presented with diligent integrity, So that the best possible outcome has an opportunity to rise.

__

To all,

I regret to say, that I will not be participating in this forum as in the past. My services are required elsewhere at this time, and I would like to wish you all the best of that which the World has to offer.

It has been an Inspiring, Educational, and Exciting time here, and I can truly say that I have learned a little something from each you, Thank you for that experience.

Best regards,

James Khan