Re: [atlarge-discuss] Panel Mandate options

At 07:37 p.m. 27/02/2003, espresso@e-scape.net wrote:

>These watchers need to be able to answer email within 24 hours.

That shouldn't be a problem.
For Jan Siren it may be a problem.

>These watchers should have the following rights:
>
>1. Get the outgoing Ballot message in advance (for comment and
>amendments)
>2. Get copy of all correspondence with voters
>3. get Polling Options and background story 24H in advance before it
>goes
>on the PB website (for comment and improvements)

I presume this means somebody (namely you) will set things up
so those messages are sent to us?
The rules are meant to be specifically for watching the Booth, and should also apply when somebody else would be Booth administrator.
For this particular Poll, I will send these message to the watchers and I have already done so to Jan and Walt. You have not yet committed to be a watcher.

>4. Get list of all the voters names or email addresses (strictly in
>confidence) as soon as the Ballot goes out.

This presumably has to come from Vittorio, who seems to be the
only person with the full current list of ICANNATLARGE.ORG members.
Yes, Vittorio has the last 20 additions, and I understand he has now sent the full list to you.

However the members list is not the exact voters' list. There are up to 25 addresses that bounce, so these people cannot be considered "voters". There is also the matter of the 169 "no messages please" members, who I will include only after they opt-in. They have 3 days to do this and one day has passed. So far 16 have opted in.

This process will result in a final voters' list (for this Poll!) that I will send to the watchers.

You have expressed reservations about such an opt-in and if Jan wants me to use the full list too, this would put me under pressure to do as you wish. Shared responsibility. Walt is O.K. with the opt-in.

But I must say that such a decision goes a beyond mere watching.

>5. Get copy of all actual raw voting results from the database
>(strictly in
>confidence) as soon as the voting closes.

Will you be sending this by e-mail, or providing instructions
on how I should get them directly from your database?
I will be sending these as email attachments. As the results are automatically and publicly displayed in the Booth, tampering with the raw results is out of the question.

>6. Get list of all bouncing addresses.

Is there a procedure by which bounces will be forwarded to us?
I will try to automate this, but otherwise I will email them to you after the bouncing stops.
Generally after 24 hours.

-joop-