[atlarge-discuss] WSIS participation

Dear all,

As I suggested earlier, ICANNatlarge.org hopely with new panel
members soon should look into an opportunity of participating in
the WSIS process as part of civil society together with ICANN
RALO.

PrepCom II of WSIS achieved to set up Civil Society Bureau
which is to communicate with Intergovernmental Bureau as equal
partners to negotiate the procedure. The historic momentum
happened last week even though the meeting ended up with a
lengthy diplomatic welcome messages. 15 gov'ts are represented
in tthe Governmental Bureau.

The Civil Society Bureau members were designated through "family"
structure. There are currently 23 families. It started with 10 families
and then it was expanded into 21 last Tuesday and now 23. Therefore,
it has been a bit unclear what are the criterias to set up and how
each family designates its focal point(representative). This is in some
sense still a bit controversial so far.

If you want to know more about this, please go to www.prepcom.net

As far as I know, ICANNatlarge.org can fit to "Network and Coalition"
family which doesn't require its legal status or incorporation. The
membership criteria is those networks, campaigns, colalitions which
promote social changes. Therefore, you can consider more seriously
sending the ICANNatlrage.org reps from PrepCom III to seek more
coalition through this process.

As requested by some, I attended this family to address this
"At-Large" movement and explored some opportunity to build
networks. Therefore, in some sense, ICANNatlarge.org
has a placeholder. I hope new panel members or the
existing current panel can address this movement more strongly.

The email list has not been set up for this group, Network and
Coalition, yet.

Regards,
YJ