RE: [atlarge-discuss] Panel Mandate options

At 02:27 p.m. 1/03/2003, Hugh Blair wrote:

Joop, until otherwise set up, I'd think an email should be sent
to absolutely everyone that signed up for atlarge.
Yes. That will happen.

Once. I don't
think you need the list to do that, the 'watchers' can do that.
I have just done it twice for those who said "no messages", using the Booth's software to sign them in.
The emails of those who opt in as voters will be passed on to the Watchers for verification.

All other members (plus the opt-ins) will get a Polling Notice from the Booth.
But I can also use the full list that Vittorio has passed to the watchers.
In that case some people may get irritated by the third unwanted message.

This can simply be a "We're here, are you and do you want to
remain a voting member?" message. Those that don't respond in
xxx days or respond that they'd like to be dropped - are dropped.
Dropping members altogether is really for an elected membership committee to decide.
Allowing them to opt-out of voting messages is subtly different.

How long to wait? A week? 2 weeks? Business like planning for
the election can continue, there's no need to wait for those
of the "Membership Email List" will come together.
Yes. That is also how I thought. Bounces from the last 2 Polling Messages should also be deleted from the list.

> I will send the 169 a reminder today.
> For the moment that's the most I want to do to people who
> requested not to be spammed.

Again, I think everyone that ever signed up and didn't explicitly
drop their membership, should get a notification NOW.
They just got the reminder. Sorry.

If anyone
of them consider a Wake-Up message as Spam then they don't
belong here. A member doesn't have to be active, but has to be
reachable. Must be reachable.
Agree.

> Whoever on this list supports me sending this Poll message to
> the *whole* list, please give your support to Judith's argument.

I don't support you sending this. I'd rather see the watchers
like Judith send it. Anyone (I will if needed and asked) can
provide the service if they don't have access to the technology,
but to eliminate as many voices of dissent, I'd like you to have
a hands-off policy in regards to the email list.
I understand and agree.
I will use the full list, when I get it from Jan or Judyth. If they decide not to give it to me, I will used the opt-in method that Jan and Walt have approved.

 As of now, we
have 3 folks in possession of this list (do you have a different
one?

Yes

Additional people?

No. 19 of Vittorio's newest signups are lacking. 18 real people (one is not an individual)

-joop-