Re: [atlarge-discuss] Panel Motion Passed! On to Elections! BULL HOCKEY

Stephen and all fellow members,

Stephen Waters wrote:

> With generous edits to Jeff's full post...
>
> On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 02:15, Jeff Williams wrote:
> >
> >   No that is not what I was referring to Bruce. You edited out my full
> > post.  So again you are the one not understanding.  Read again what
> > I said IN FULL.  I was talking about Judyth sending FTP the membership
> > list to you, eric and Jefsey, and than before hand Vittorio sending the
> > FTP codes and Judyth downloading via FTP the membership list from
> > Vittorio was a wanton act as FTP as a protocol required that as it is a
> > one way file transfer protocol facility, ect..
>
> Vittorio appears to have emailed the list to Jan and Judyth:

  Seems that there is some confusion on what method Vittorio
used to transmit the membership list.  In either case, both
methods, FTP or E-mail are inappropriate and dangerous
unless secure E-Mail was used or Secure FTP was used.

> Vittorio Bertola wrote:
> > Ok. If everybody is happy with this, I will email the updated
> > membership list to Judyth Mermelstein and Jan Siren in the next few
> > hours. Also, I can give them the web site passwords so that they can
> > post announcements and do whatever else they like.
>
> http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0302/msg00458.html

  Thanks for this reference Stephen.  Other references from Judyth
say differently however.  See archives.

> Vittorio Bertola wrote:
> > I have already sent the members' list and the website passwords to
> > them.
>
> http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0302/msg00482.html

  Yes!  Interesting here as well.  And even worse.  Now Brett,
Joop, Judyth, Jan, Hans, Abel, and Jamie at a minimum have
access to the web site and can update at will...  Now does
that make sense?  I don't think so...  I hope that the password
was changed somewhere in there and not broadly propagated.