[atlarge-discuss] Seconded Nominees first responses.

Dear Members,
here are the first reponses we received from nominees. It shows a new picture of the icannatlarge.org possible future. There are more "NO" than "YES". May be will we not have tonight a full number of candidates (the elected Panel will then decide about its own future). But the quality of the responses and their authors show there is a real capacity for serious work and influence by this community.

I will copy this mail to all the nominees, with the hope those who did not respond yet will carefully consider the good they could bring to the @large community in being a Panelist. And that some who said "no" might reconsider.

I thank you for your attention
jfc

------ Received Responses -------

James Love
thank you very much but i decline.

Thierry Amoussougbo
It is a pleasure for me to contribute to the WSI.. I agree.

James Khan :
I accept the nominations for the election to the Panel of "icannatlarge.org", and will server the position of that office with dedication and loyalty if elected by mandate of the IcannatLarge Community.

Jon Weinberg:
With regret, I must decline the nomination. I'm nonetheless
grateful to have been considered.

Jan Siren
Jefsey, I am complimented by your having included my name among some real luminaries, but my stated intention not to be a Panel candidate this election cycle remains firm. I have a vision of what a Panelist *should* do for this organization, and I know that my personal resources are not adequate to the real task.

Marilyn Cade
I must decline the nomination with appreciation for consideration. Best regards, Marilyn Cade
Thank you but I decline.

DPF
Thank you but I decline.

Asaad Y Alnajjar
It is my honor to accept the nomination and I hope that I would be upto your expectations. Introduction page will be at http://www.any-dns.com/najjar.htm within the next 48 hours.

Leah Gallegos
I wish to thank you for nominating me to the panel of Icannatlarge.org. Unfortunately, I must decline as I cannot devote the time and effort necessary to perform well for the organization.
Again, please accept my thanks for the confidence that nomination suggests.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch
I'm still considering if I intend to get heavily involved again in such issues. I'm extremely busy at the moment after a fire at my workplace. I will formally respond to this mid week after I've had some time to
consider the implications. I'm currently working 70-100 hour weeks and this may continue for another fortnight. I'm reluctant to commit for further time encroachments at the moment and if I do respond postively it would mean a large time/energy commitment.
I'll get back to you ASAP.

Judyth Mermelstein
With all due respect, I must decline this nomination for several reasons:
1 - I have said (more than once) that I have no desire to be part of the "power structure" of this group.
2 - I have offered (more than once) to do whatever I could as an ordinary volunteer but found that such work as I did do was mostly wasted effort on my part.
3 - Having reached the point where I think my energies could be better employed elsewhere, I have resigned as a member of this group and am therefore ineligible to be a candidate for its Panel.
4 - Besides, given the attitude towards me demonstrated by several of the other candidates, I can only assume my nomination was the work of some "traitor to the cause" ... of keeping this group from getting any real work done on behalf of anyone but those present.
It is my hope that my absence from the Panel will enable it to work together as a unit and ensure that this group becomes a real organization which can pursue whatever goals its members think appropriate. If for some reason the Panel decides that my experience might be of some value, I will
do what I can to respond to their request.
I also hope that the group will find organizing itself easy and its new Panelists committed to seeing the process through to the desired ends. I may be departing but I will check in at the Web site from time to time to see how it goes.
Thanks to all those members who have been willing to debate issues rather than personalities and are sincerely trying to do something of real value to the Internet community, and especially to those who were kind enough to send me off-list messages of support.
Best of luck to all,

Amadeu Abril i Abril
Thanks to those who nominated me, but I have to decline. First of all, I am still setaing in the Board, and I don't find that I should have any other ICANN-related job until such time as I wuit the Board of Directors.
Secondly, I do confess that I don't have many clear ideas about how to organize the at large process. To be frank, I prefer participating and heloping what others wil try than putting myself in an organizng role: I should better leavbe the leadership to those not only having the energy and the willingess, but also the ideas.
Thanks again.

Greg Shaw
Hi guys
Whilst I am honoured to have been nominated for the Panel position, circumstances do not allow me to accept the nomination at this time.
Keep up the good work.

Michael Geist
Thank you for the nomination. I respectfully decline. Good luck.

Hugh Blair
I accept nomination for the election of the Panel for icannatlarge.org. I'd be please to work toward moving this organization forward.

Dany Vandromme.
Dear all,
I am glad to be nominated (with support) for the ICANN@LARGE panel election. and I want to thank the individuals who put my name on that front. However, my current duties for the French national research and education network, together with the commitments to the Pan-European GEANT network will not allow me to free enough time to make a decent panelist work for the @large community.
I decline the nomination
Yours sincerely

Wolfgang Kleinwaecter
Dear friends,
as a member of the first panel I proposed already during the second round of electionss to bring fresh ideas and people to this group. So I do it also in the 3rd round. With regret, I must therefore decline the nomination. I'm nonetheless grateful to have been considered again.
Best wishes

Esther Dyson
Thank you very much for this nomination. However, I respectfully decline it. For one, I think my mere presence provokes controversy in your community, and it would be better for me to stay away. Second, my involvement with the ALAC creates a conflict of time and interest.
I wish you luck regardless, and I sincerely hope you can pull together an organization that will be able to provide useful representation of its members and input to ICANN.

Cordley Coit
Jeff Williams
Joe Batista
Joop Teernstra
have responded questions and no response yet

Hans Klein
Desiree Miloscevics
Domingo Baron
cannot be reached at their e-mail address