[atlarge-discuss] Request to extend period for accepting nominations

Joop, Jefsey, Bruce, Eric

On the "Voting" page of IcannatLarge.com, you have listed all the people who
have been nominated for the forthcoming election, but I think there is an
error because all but 2 of the nominees are listed as having accepted their
nominations. I am sure this is incorrect. For example, I do not believe that
Esther Dyson has accepted her nomination!

For my part, I am still considering whether to accept my nomination or not,
but to be honest, my main concern is that I think we need to extend the
period for nomination acceptances, because this period is due to end TONIGHT
(Midnight GMT), but I am only aware of about 4 people who have accepted
their nominations for what I thought was supposed to be an 11-member panel.

This outcome would be unacceptable, and commonsense dictates that unless
more people step forward and accept their nominations, then the election is
temporarily suspended, or at least extra time afforded.

Jefsey, Bruce and Eric: please could you (urgently) confirm the numbers and
identity of those people who have so far accepted their nominations?

I advise you not to proceed unless there are at least as many candidates as
places up for filling. Otherwise, you're left with a situation where
*anyone* may just walk into this panel, even if they are hugely unpopular,
by default. This would be entirely unacceptable.

As an illustration, if Esther Dyson accepted her nomination at one minute to
midnight, then as things stand, she automatically becomes a Panel member.

No offence intended to Esther, but given her alternative agenda, that would
be farcical.

Richard Henderson