[atlarge-discuss] POLLING COMMITEE: Report 24:00 before closing

Dear Polling Committee Members,
Dear Members,
I am glad to report to you that 24 hours before the closing dates for candidacies:

1. - 22 Members have accepted to be a candidate
- 46 Nominees have declined
- 82 Members have not responded yet

2. Alexandu Jalba, Norbert Klein, Joanna Lane and Thomas Roessler have accepted to be our watchdogs for the election. I think we can thank the first Member from Moldova and these three respected old timers for controlling the vote.

3. I carried a check on all the nominations. The work was not trivial. I also found that Joop proposed 2 lists with some differences. I had trusted the help of Danny but he was probably as confused as I was. I think the lists right now are correct but I may miss some Forum non disclosed nominations. 4 nominees were removed from the list due to a typo in their mail name on the list. I corrected it and sent them their nomination letter.

4. we lack the URL of several candidates, we will have to call on them again and suggest they come on the list. We cannot however disclose their mails. I suggest that due to the number, the quality and the number of candidates we consider the possiblity of a longer debate before the vote inspite of the noise. I already documented that proposition. I think we are here interested in the comments of the Members and of the Candidates.

Best regards.
jfc