[atlarge-discuss] About The Bullet Vote Concept...

On Mon, 26 May 2003, it was written:

> When a few people are voting for a Panel to be chosen from a large
> number of candidates, it takes very few votes to get elected.  The
> bullet vote, is the only method available for limiting the possibility
> of election of a candidate that you do not want to support.  In other
> words, vote only for the candidates that you really want to see elected.

There will be eleven elected. There is no minimum votes necessary to be
elected. We could have four people with 150 votes each and seven people
with 2 votes each - not likely but...

>From my point of view, if you do not vote for 11, and vote (say) for only
four, all you are doing is letting someone else determine who are the
"other 7"

The concept of a "bullet vote" sounds like a concept one might foist on a
group in an attempt to "steal the majority" of seats.

I will defer to a statistician...

--

 ---  REgards, walts@dorsai.org  Walter C. Schmidt, IT CPA  Blue(^) ---
 - -   Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Media Center Edition - HPMC 873n  ---