RE: [atlarge-discuss] About The Bullet Vote Concept...

| If there are 100 candidates, 90 of whom I do not know enough
| about want them
| to represent me on our Panel,  why would you want me to
| damage your chance
| of electing a candidate that YOU want to be on the Panel,
| simply because I
| am expected to vote for 11 people?

I agree.  We should only vote for candidates we really want on the panel.
No members should feel compelled to "fill out their 11 votes" if they aren't
familiar enough with the candidates being offered.  If that reduces the
total vote count, that's OK.  But as Ron points out, the alternative is
someone getting voted in just because a group of users felt compelled to
make 11 votes, and voted for them because they liked the sound of their
name, or their picture on their info page was way cool!  :)  We need
workers, not celebrities or models!  Now if the candidate is known to you to
be a hard-working celebrity or model, then by all means vote for them!  :)

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
bruce@barelyadequate.info
http://www.barelyadequate.info