RE: [atlarge-discuss] Bylaws Discussion

Proposed Bylaws:

Article 1.  Name of the Organization

1.1  The name of the organization shall be determined by the Board of Directors in consultation with the membership and once selected, shall be registered as a trademark with the relevant authorities.

3.3  Suspension of the Bylaws -- No provision of the Bylaws may be suspended by the Board without an affirmative vote of the membership.  A motion for suspension brought by the Board to the membership for consideration must include a list of all of the provisions to be suspended, the reason for the suspension and the period of time during which the suspension will be in force. The motion will be considered passed if a majority of the membership that cast a vote, vote in the affirmative.

Article 4. Compensation & Service

4.1  No organizational member shall receive salary or other compensation for services provided. Organizational members may be reimbursed for reasonable expenses.

More to follow.
Joanna