RE: [atlarge-discuss] Membership Committee

>> From: Richard Henderson [mailto:richardhenderson@ntlworld.com]
>> I agree with Ron on this.
>>
>> I think the Chair should be independent of the Panel wherever
>> possible, to provide for a division of powers, and some checks and
>> balances. I also suggest that (after an initial 'action' period) we
>> poll the membership on proposed Chairpersons.

Richard et al.,

Thanks for your thoughts.  However, the membership was already polled as
Hugh pointed out, and the results clearly showed a preference for the Panel
members administering any Committees.  No need to go round in circles.

--Sotiris Sotiropoulos