Re: [atlarge-discuss] Bylaws Discussion : Response Articles 1 - 3

Richard Henderson wrote:

> Danny
>
> Thank you for this. I've added comments / proposed amendments within
> *****stars***** as I've read through it. Because of length I'm responding in
> sections. This mail covers Articles 1, 2 and 3.
>
> Proposed Bylaws:
>
> Article 1.  Name of the Organization
>
> 1.1  The name of the organization shall be determined by the Board of
> Directors in consultation with the membership.
> *****prefer: shall be determined by the membership, and confirmed by the
> Board of Directors*****
>
> Article 2. Composition & Powers
>
> 2.1  The form and composition of this organization, its duties, and its
> powers are determined by its members.
>
>  2.2  This organization shall constitute a public trust to be administered
> by the Board of the organization with full powers of organization and
> government, subject only to such legislative control as may be necessary
> ***** no - subject to the direction, instructions, amendments and veto of
> the Membership, which shall be expressed through the organisation's Polling
> mechanism*****

Richard, I know you mean well, but how many people would you expect to agree
to be candidates for the Board under these conditions?  With yourself,
Jefsey, Sotiris, Jeff Williams... yelling in their ears all the time, while
they're trying to *concentrate?*  I know I would not.