Re: [atlarge-discuss] MEMEBRS AS WATCHDOGS - RECOUNT

Jefsey and all fellow members,

J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:

> On 21:52 01/06/03, Walter Schmidt said:
> >On Sun, 1 Jun 2003, Jefsey Morfin wrote:
> > > 1. the atlarge.wtc is the file with all the data filed at
> > > atlarge@execlub.org 2. have been removed everything which could break
> > > the secret of the vote 3. the lines are made as follows;
> >
> >There is no apparent way to check that
> >(1) only valid member's votes were counted,
>
> You have the list of the voters.
>
> >(2) what was counted was the vote as each member sent it in.
>
> 1. you have the program which took the raw data and removed the noise (and
> identification means to preserve the secrecy fo the vote).
> 2. the raw data have been zipped and crypted and passed to serveral. The
> password can be given to a Panel nominated committee - the aim is to
> preserve the secrecy of the votes and to protect them from clones.

  The Ballot you sent me anyway was not sent securely Jefsey.
So how than did you ensure privacy?  As far as I know, no
member using the Jefsey-election ballot sent in their ballot
securely either.  Hence again how was the privacy or
security of any ballot ensured?

> >If I am wrong, please explain it to me - thanks in advance
> >
> > > Walter claimed there was no transparency in Watchdogs.
> >   ...not what I said - I used real, objective details such as my two
> >points above - transparency is subjective term.
>
> I understand. The target is transparency and secret protection in a
> potential clone environment.
> I think that the system we ran did that.

  How?  Where's the actual code from both the balloted and the
issuer of such ballots Jefsey?

  The fact of the matter is Jefsey, you are knowingly not telling
the truth here.

> jfc

    Pierre Abelard