Re: [atlarge-discuss] Membership fees

Gilbert,

Re:  << i hope you can understand that 25$ or more can easily be a barrier of
participation, at least in the philippines >>

I also understand that to become a member of the IT Association of the
Philippines it costs over US$250.  It also costs the same amount, as an individual,
to join the European Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines.

Let me ask you a simple question... how much will it cost you out-of-pocket
to travel to Montreal to represent the At-Large at the upcoming ICANN session?
US$2000 or more?
Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to have an organization subsidize some of
those costs so that the burden isn't directly on your personal wallet?

This is why we band together in a group and pay a reasonable fee structure,
so that representatives can be funded to lobby for the views of the membership.
 Other groups fund and send their representatives, why shouldn't the members
of icannatlarge do the same?