Re: [atlarge-discuss] Membership fees

James T., and all fellow members,

  All lawyers that I have known or do know presently love to
argue over small issues as much or more that larger issues.

  That said however, you are none the less right in my view
anyway, that what members get from any organization that
has a membership fee is minimal.  Basically with an atlarge
type organization such as this one is trying to become is
participation in the debate's on issues that effect them,
and perhaps an opportunity at some point in a leadership
position of some sort. Otherwise not much else is worth
much of a membership fee.  Yet Danny is also right in that
without some membership fee it is unlikely that this
organization will ever be viable for very long, if at all.
Hence a membership fee for members is necessary, but
should not be the primary source of the organizations
funding.

    Pierre Abelard