Re: [atlarge-discuss] bizarre

At 05:03 PM 6/7/2003 +1200, Joop Teernstra wrote:
At 01:31 a.m. 7/06/2003, J-F C. (Jefsey)  Morfin wrote:

Have you ever posted your picture anywhere, "Jefsey"?

I'm sorry, this is just the straw that broke my camel's back, but "Joop", what the F*CK is your purpose in putting "Jefsey's" name in quotes?

Are you questioning whether "he's" real? If so, then why did "you" agree to abide by the results of the election "he" ran? If not, then what is "your" point?

And particularly as a lawyer, "you" should know perfectly well that even if "he" had posted a picture of "himself" it would be completely lacking in value from an identity-verification point of view. How would "you" know that it really was a picture of "him"?

Now, if the photograph was taken by a known third party and posted on that third party's website with an appropriate caption, that might add some credibility, though it's hardly conclusive; as for example, this photo:

http://www.mccullagh.org/image/10/wendy-seltzer-jim-tyre.html

of "Wendy Seltzer" and "me" taken by "Declan McCullagh" and posted by "Declan" to "his" site; but, of course, "I" could have hacked "Declan's" site, or "Declan" could be part of a grand conspiracy with "me" or, or, or, or ....

"Joop," I really do respect "you," but this is getting childish beyond belief. "You" were just the one that put "me" over "my" limit, hardly the only engaging in this behaviour.

And BTW, this is completely independent from the question of panelist/member verification. That's a legitimate issue. This isn't.